Things have changed a bit-were I younger I'd buy this and restore...
TV, Radio, Record Player
![]()

Things have changed a bit-were I younger I'd buy this and restore...
TV, Radio, Record Player
![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
My parents bought a 1950s Hoffman TV with "3-speaker Sound-O-Rama Hi-Fi" sound when they were first married. It managed to survive up until about 10 years ago, when my mom finally gave it away. There was a lot of noise in the audio, and the picture was dim. No doubt the filter caps in the power supply were shot.
Pretty sure it was the Huntington model on the upper left:
As you can see from the lower photos, there were two oval woofers, and some sort of horn loaded cone tweeter between the woofers. I also recall there was an RCA jack and switch on the back for AUX in.
Last edited by wws944; January 1st, 2014 at 12:21 AM.
W.
I laugh every time inspector Luger on Barney Miller claims he has a Dumont.![]()
I had a Dumont extremely similar to the maggotbox in the OP. It got flooded in '11 and i sadly didn't take the time to salvage as much as i could. My local tube guru was fighting a losing cancer battle at the time, so i just pulled the tubes(bucketload of 6V6's) and sent the rest to bask in the landfill. Hindsight being 20/20, i should have pulled the 10inch roundie CRT and the massive 50lb power tranny. I just had too many other priorities at the time. The bright side is it curbed my hoarding and buying. Now i don't even look at stuff unless it's very special and ridiculously underpriced.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

I recall back in the 60's owning a Dumont oscilloscope.
![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but couldn't resist this old DuMont pic.
![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks